Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Always look on the bri-ight side of life

Since I spent the afternoon venting about my current challenges, I've decided to look for the positives!

1.  Everyone in my class gets along.
My biggest discipline problem is the play-fighting that occurs outside (and occasionally in class).  This is of course to be expected since I have almost twice as many boys as girls in my class this year.  Boys love to play fight (my own two boys are experts at it).  These few boys who play-fight are being social and enjoying their friends.  We're learning how play-fighting is not appropriate at school.

2.  There is no girl drama!

3.  Everyone in my class can color nicely.
This surprised me since I have so many boys in my class, but they really try hard to color in the lines when I ask.

4.  Classroom behavior improves every day (despite the full moon today!).

5.  My students are very cute and very sweet.

6.  There are no OT issues!  We are all making progress learning how to write our numbers and letters.

7.  There are no serious behavior issues - no runners, no kids who hide under the table, no defiant children (this is by far the biggest positive).

8.  We're having fun learning about new things.

9.  Everyone who went to our school's preschool program is doing great!

10.  It's only September!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment